Thursday, March 25, 2010

The idea is King

Intelligence is a responsibility. Or maybe it's creativity that's the responsibility. Whichever way you want to look at it, the things that pop in to your head are gifts and you need to take responsibility for them. That's the conclusion I came to last night.

On more than one occasion over the last many months, I've found that ideas that have come to me either in the still of the night, or as a consequence of reading or hearing something, eventually show up in the 'real' world. Often, they are being said by various 'talking head' types. This makes me realize that, hey, it wasn't such a foolish idea after all.

Trouble is, as with most other people, I tend to second guess myself. I figure, heck if I could come up with it, it couldn't have been all that interesting or special. I'm wondering though, how many times this will have to happen before I actually try to be first to market with one of these brain farts?

I'm thinking that I'm waiting to see someone make millions with one of my ideas, before I finally get my behind in gear and DO.

So I end as I started: ideas that come out of our Mother Wit, our native intelligence, are gifts and should be treated with respect. Whether or not we respect ourselves or see ourselves as worthy of having had a great idea is immaterial, we need to at least respect the ideas and give them the attention and effort they are due. Maybe they will turn out to have been duds. In that instance nothing is lost but the time invested, but what if even one really turns out to be genius? There's only one way to find out if that is the case: DO, ACT, TRY.

No comments: