Saturday, May 21, 2011

Moveable Feasts

Some years ago, I had a boyfriend who I described as one who thought that integrity was a moveable feast. I got rid of him fairly soon after I started describing him that way, if not soon after I made the assessment. Sometimes you see, there's a lag between realization of the truth and acting on that realization. So it is with the Donald and Arnold I think.

With the Donald (Trump), I say that anyone who can play at running for President while playing at having a full head of hair, is immediately suspect. My simply logic is that if you will lie to me about your hair line, you will lie to me about anything. Simple. Asinine logic perhaps, but simple.

The Governator is similarly problematic. All I can say of him is, "How could you?" Lying about something for a few days would seem an eternity to me. The thought of ten years just boggles my mind. As with the Donald, I wonder now if he could do this, of what else might he be capable? I know it's not my place to judge either The Governator or The Donald, but seriously how can I not?

I've long had my doubts about The Donald...the hair. No big deal. I don't work for him nor do I wish to, but the Governator I've actually admired for some time primarily for his apparent reasonableness as the chief executive of a state. But this, this moveable feast that he's made of ethics and integrity? Gosh that's a lot to accept there Arnold.

At the end of the day, I suppose it matters not. The Donald won't run and Arnold is a naturalized citizen so he can't run but quite apart from the running or not for high office, it really makes me wonder is there anyone in office with the cojones to fess up to their mistakes early or do we have to keep going through these dreadful exposes of folks' peccadilloes? I'm guessing the answer to that is "No" and "Yes". No, folk don't have the cojones and yes, there will be more exposes. Next up.........................

Anthony Weiner as it turned out.

No comments: